Friday, March 4, 2011

Syfy Alice - Missing Scene Script

I was rewatching one of the behind the scenes footage of the Syfy Alice (that I posted before), and I noticed on the comments someone mentioned reading a scene from the original script that didn't end up making the final cut. You can read the script portion here:

Andrew-Lee Potts - HATTER BACKSTORY UNLEASHED

This has just got my mind racing with possibilities for a sequel. Although I loved the romantic relationship between Hatter and Alice, Hatter and Mad March's rivalry actually intrigued me more, considering every other version has them being good friends. The script seems to hint at the possibility of Mad March being Hatter's brother. I would love to see Hatter's backstory explored, since "Alice" pretty much covered Alice's backstory. A sequel could even utilize Mad March as the main villain, since imho he was wasted a bit in "Alice", considering he's supposed to be the Queen's best assassin and only killed one person on screen.

On the IMDB, it says Nick Willing (the director of "Alice") is currently filming a Peter Pan re-imagining called Neverland. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps once that is completed, he'll consider doing a sequel to "Alice".

2 comments:

  1. I like the thought of having a sequel to Alice. I agree that they should go into Hatters past. I think the sequel should start where the first one left off and that Hatter has to return because Jack is stopping all movement between worlds after the oyster incident. They should have more tension on Hatter and Alice's relationship. Maybe Distrust because of his past. But you'd know how it would end... all happy :). At the same time sometimes sequels ruin movies... but that's a chance that many fans would gladly take to see new footage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of maybe a pre-quel sort of episode. after i saw Alice on tv i went and found it online so i could re watch it and noticed that there was a certain focus between Hatter and Mad March. i kept watching intently because i was hoping they would explain that to me... i would love to see the back story of Hatter. I loved this version of Alice so much, and i was already a huge fan of Andrew so i fell in love with it even more. i hope the directors and screen writers decide to go further with this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete